Sunday, March 30, 2008

Help decide the Colts (mock) pick

I seriously doubt anyone who reads my blog isn't a regular reader of Stampede Blue (and if you're not, why the hell aren't you? Even if you just love me I post there a lot more than I do here, GO, now) But just in case and because people who read my blog get to have more influence on me than people who don't here it goes;

The Mocking the Draft fan mock draft is tomorrow and I'm making the Colts pick.

So here's a chance to help me with the draft board.

I've got;

  1. Chris Johnson (non-negotiable)
  2. Trevor Laws
  3. Marcus Howard
  4. Cliff Avril
5/6 Matt Forte/Xavier Adibi (not sure which I like better)

Another pass rusher is probably the Colts biggest need so if the subject of my man-crush is taken before my pick I'll choke back my tears long enough to hopefully fill that need with one of the Laws, Howard, Avril trio.

I like Forte, but he has a big skills overlap with Addai. I'd prefer a #2 RB (Chris Johnson) that brings something else to the table instead of just a less explosive, but maybe better blocking version of Addai.

Adibi would be a monster at LB for the Colts. He fits the system and is more talented and polished than most Colts LB picks. LB isn't a big need, but he's someone I'd be glad to settle for.

Anyone want to shuffle the rankings or add on?

Note: The whole reason I do this (blogging) is to talk to people that share my interest in the Colts and the NFL, so speak up if you have anything to say, even if you just agree with me, but especially if you disagree with anything. This goes for everything I post.

No comments: